Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Finally

Interaction.  All the warmth of holding a baby, totally dependent on me, the terrible twos where nothing was right, and communication was a flurry of Herculean temper tantrums. 

Finally, I have interaction with my son.  It took 3 years, but he finally figured out that calling me mom makes everything happen.  My heart is full of joy, because now we can interact.  My little man talks to me, he asks me for things, he talks to me (although most of it is monosyllabic).  It is direct human contact between us as individuals and it makes everything better. (although he can stop wiping his nose on my arm any time now.)  At least he hasn't figured out how to pick his nose.

Is it legal for a financial institution to use e-mail, or unused online accounts as their contact with a customer?  Seriously, I thought I had a couple months before my student loans with nelnet needed to be deferred again, and I finally register for an account with their online resource, and find out they've been sending all my information there, instead of in the mail!  Really?  Can that be legal?  What about people who don't own computers or have Internet?  I want real, bonofied U.S. Mail to tell me this stuff, not the Internet.  Mail fraud can be identified and prosecuted, the Internet has no legal barriers.  It's just not right. 

  Anyways.  I have a friend that wants to 'help' with my financial situation, and I keep thinking.  Have I not done an amazing job on my own?  I took care of three people for 2 years on minimum wage and in an expensive rental house.  Do I look like I don't know what I'm doing?  Do I seem stupid?  Because seriously, it's rather unnerving to think that he wants to see a years worth of finances to help when all I really wanted was for him to explain a 401 K to me.    I think I've damn well proven I can manage my money just fine. 

So what do you say to someone to keep from hurting their feelings, when really all you want to say is, "It's none of your fucking business."  I know I screwed up with my student loans, but honestly the government gave me student loans, sold them to different brokers and finally say pay up when they gave a loan to someone only making 5.00 an hour working 30 hours a week at a college kitchen. Ya, ya, if they gave out student loans based on the same things car or mortgage companies did, no one would get educations, but how is it that they can make these deals, and there isn't a way out for someone who never made it through college because of debilitating disability.  

Eh, that is enough griping.  My son has made me happy, and I want to enjoy it for all it is.  Something no amount of money can buy or secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment