Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

future

Is it possible that in the future a person could be prosecuted and criminally charged for not voting? Is it possible that people could be restricted from legal rights as an American Citizen just for not being registered to vote?
Is it also my right to choose not to vote? What if I truly believe I can not make an educated vote? What if I believe that my vote could put the wrong person in office? Why isn't there an option on voting ballots to say "none of the above" like on Brewsters Millions? Why can't we as a people throw out the nominations by the political parties that truly run our government without true people's consent?

Eh, I'll vote. I want to vote for someone this time around. But still... at certain times throughout our short history as a nation, being registered to vote meant way more then checking boxes on a ballot. Why are we still doing it? Especially since it's not our votes that will determine who gets that chair? Sure it will influence it a bit, but the peoples vote does not really make a difference if the politicians decide it doesn't.

Write your senator? Are you kidding? They do what makes them popular. They don't care what we think, and they don't have to. They care what will piss us off, they care what will lose in polls, but as to their vote... They get that decision with or without our consent.


OK, that was my attempt at being political. I suck at it because I really have NO clue how it works. I'm still that gullible 8 year old at heart who thinks that everyone puts the names in a bag, and the teacher counts up the one with the most votes.

On other notes, I like my nice boring do nothing life. Me and my son, being lazy on Saturdays, him sleeping in my bed and watching Toy Story until he falls asleep. It's amazing to be able to do that, and it won't last forever. I'm not giving it up anymore. Not for anyone.

I've finally found truth about my Victorian lady and that physicist.

(first off, I am single, divorced and happy that way) Lets do a poll. Is an emotional+flirty affair just as damaging to a family as a sexual one?
Either way, I won't be a party to it.
Is it ok for one human to kick someone else in the head because they are 'intoxicated' or 'insane'?
Hell No!
Do friends try and see past flaws and mistakes?
I try to.
Is it better to walk away from a friend, then to make them an enemy?
... lets hope.
Can one human control the perceptions or emotional reactions of another human being?
Nope.
Can one human try and keep another human from becoming an emotional time bomb?
Oh you can try, but they ultimately they decide to light the fuse. Just be ready to find a good bunker.

I didn't buy some wheat bread today, and my uncle was so upset, he told me I could no longer be his niece. He proclaimed that I had disowned him as an uncle. It was his last chance to have wheat bread before he took off to be a doctor in Tahiti,. I was going to go out and get bread, but he never stopped freaking out about the wheat bread or how I had deliberately came home first instead of stopping at the bread store. All the while he enjoyed a loaf of white bread... why would I go out now and get him bread? I was just glad when he finally left. He can go get his own damned bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment