Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WIND


They call it the winds of change. I feel and see the wind whipping the oak trees around in our yard, and it makes me content and joyful. I'm not sure why, but something about the weather finally changing, makes me want to be in this world for once. Most times I just drag myself through it as best I can, knowing that I have to stick anything and everything out for my son. But today just felt nice. It was not a struggle, it was not a battle and it was peaceful even with the day to day crap happening. This must be how normal feels. Being able to appreciate the wind blowing the cold air of fall into the tree's above me, this must be normal. I'm hoping that these winds of change stick around a while, it has been a long time since I've been able to see the world around me instead of trying to look away.
Even if it doesn't stick with me, I'm going to post this, and look back to remember that my worlds worth enjoying and my son deserves a mother who can enjoy his company on a long term basis, not just in the small great moments that fleet by.
Thank you to my boy who has made it all possible. My son is my hero, he has saved my life, he has restored my joy and I hope that I can be the kind of mother he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment