Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

HRmm?

I've decided that toy story is the new velveteen rabbit.   I thought that my toys would come to life when I wasn't looking because of that sunday morning cartoon with the little boy who got sick and lost his favorite stuffed toy(The Velveteen Rabbit).  My Gusto (the bear I've had and *blush* slept with for 26 years) should definitely get visited by a fairy and get to turn into a real bear.  I've loved the fur off most of him.  The bear was made by kinderbocks, at least I'm pretty sure this is what his tag says.
    His eyes are gone, and his nose has had to be sewn on, I cut his tongue off when I was a kid, but other then that and a few bald spots he's one tough stuffed animal.  The ones now a days fall apart after a year, and good luck finding one with real stuffing.  
      Well, that's just my thoughts for today.  I know it isn't real profound, but I think their is a correlation between toys having their own life, stuffed rabbits that get to be real because they are loved so much, and Pinocchio.  Every kid wonders if their toys come to life when they aren't looking.  Seems a materialistic thing to teach children, but respecting life even if it doesn't exist is a good start if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment