Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Space

Anonymity is derived from the Greek word ἀνωνυμία, anonymia, meaning "without a name" or "namelessness". In colloquial use, anonymity typically refers to the state of an individuals personal identity, or personally identifiable information, being publicly unknown.

I don't think this is the exact word I'm looking for.   Everybody needs some of it.  The privacy of thought and being, a certain power over ones self to be ... unreplacable.  

That being said, there are people in this world that want to intrude, invade and destroy the anonymity in a person.  It gives them power to tear down any privacy one might have.  Whether it be the nosey grocery lady who wants to know why you are buying old bananas, or the quick witted church lady who wants to discover any uncovered sin so that she may later rub you into hell with it. 

I don't respect these kinds of people.  I don't believe that it is curiosity that leads them to invade another person's being.  Granted there are times when one wishes to share things, One wishes to divulge the desires of their heart to another human being, but when it is being forced out of them through badgering or invasive prods it is then I feel a human crime.  A crime against a fellow human being to try and take away from them what a whole lifetime has given. 

On another anonymous note, I don't respect a person who grotesquely trys to persuade and punish people into believing, thinking, or seeing a world that isn't their own. When we are young we seek this kind of interference....When your older though if someone is pushing that much into your being it can be a form of abusiveness.   Now I'm not talking about going to a class at the college and hearing a lecture on how communism is harmless, or a PETA convention where people express their views on animals.  I'm talking about close personal relationships that threaten to tear down the fiber of who we want, or are supposed to be. 

Eh, maybe I'm being over dramatic but damn it, I want to run out into the snow bearfoot and relish the cold without someone yelling from the sidewalk that I'm being crazy.  I shouldn't care what they think, but they intrude on my space and I find it offensive.  Keep walking stranger, I like really ripe bananas and I'll paint nekkid ladies without it being a sign of sexual orientation.   Mona Lisa should have been nekkid, but I don't think DiVinci had the right prosthetics then.  If I cut my hair short, it's because I don't want it long and if I paint my fingernails black it is because it feels good.   Keep walking stranger because you don't need to know me to stay stuck in your little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment