Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

43 by 48

My child had his 3 year well child checkup today.  He is 43 inches tall and 48 pounds.  Off the charts for both.  My hip has been murdering me lately and I thought maybe I had done something to it.  Well, just moments ago I was contemplating that my child weighs more then the space-craft boxes at work that are a pain in the ass to load onto the baler line. 
    If I had to carry one of those around on a regular basis, why sure, My joints would protest.   So it was one of those 'duh' moments.  Yes I'm a natural blond, but scientifically hair color has nothing to do with intelligence!

Anyhoo, I read one of my older short stories, and wanted to write another, but I need to go to sleep. Maybe one day, I'll regret wishing for more time to myself.  Granted my kid is independent enough, but the guilt with being a single parent is that you'll never make up for the missing parent and it's your duty to try.

The doctor was asking questions about Richard (my boy) and it actually took time for me to think it over. I'd like to think it's the swiss cheese residing in my brain that made it an effort to recall pertinent information, but then the guilt sets in that I should be paying more attention, keeping track better.  I know my kid speaks in sentences, but I should have blushed when I asked the doctor "Does, 'I want to play the game' count?"

Well, enough of my bad parenting skills, cause damn it, my kid will have the best friggen hand-eye coordination this world has ever seen!   I still have to look at the paddle to make sure I'm pushing the square button, and my kid doesn't.  

I'm just rambling now.  My hip is really achy and I need to lay down.   Gotta save the world one news paper at a time tomorrow.  

Oh ya, people, just because something says it is recyclable on the package DOES NOT mean your recycling facility has the machinery or capability to process it!
If your looking for places to recycle Styrofoam, check local packaging companies in the yellow pages.  And donate to places like Love Inc. and Goodwill.   Just because you're new Washing machine is better doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there who just wishes they had one that works. 

Ni-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment