Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

super hero movies

I've decided why I love super hero movies so much. Well not just super-hero, but super-human movies.

I guess as a human I have a deep seeded need to be more then what I am built for. I want to give meaning to a short existence on a planet that has seen more human life then can ever be recorded.

If we had super strength, vampiric immortality, Feroscious abilitys that could set us above our own species, it would make us more then we were built for.

It seems to me, that that is what sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom. We are not content in what we are, never content in what we are supposed to be, and always desiring to be more then we've defined ourselves to be.

Maybe my next short will be a new super-human story. Now I just gotta figure out something that hasn't been done, or overdone. Who wants another Vampire, werewolf, or Mutant superhero? ... Well I do, but the point is to accomplish something that is original to me. Good grief it's going to be hard to think of something that is a new idea. I think super-human has been a part of our human culture since the beginning of time, how would I be able to come up with something new? Eh, might take a while to come up with, but I'd be cheating myself if I didn't even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment