Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NEWTON'S LAW

Real quick, I think my super hero is going to have the power to change his mass at will, and therefor be able to affect his own gravitational force. Kinda like being able to be telepathic, but not using his mind, using his pure body mass.

Guy at work told me that two objects falling, they'll reach the ground at the same time. I was so utterly convinced he was wrong.... Bah!!
I understand that the theory is that the two objects are acted upon by gravity in the same way regardless of their mass, but if a mass has gravity, no matter how tiny, and the earth has gravity.... How can it be that the forces acting between them , (gravity attraction) doesn't have any affect on free fall? Despite how insignificant the difference in the 3000lb object's own gravity may be in the fall to the 1 ounce object, seems to me it should still count for something. Even if they just recognize that there is a value to it in the "falling objects" laws.

Crap gotta go to work and admit I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment