Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

politics

I don't have a lot of time to write a short story, so I decided to give a go to a political post.

I think that Obama made an amazing move by telling the Fed's to stop prosecuting those who have license in their state for legal medical marijuana. People love to talk about what a 'gateway' drug it is, or how much damage it does in lives. In my opinion, if the plant was grown and processed, sold and taxed like tobacco is, then it wouldn't be anymore dangerous then aspirin.
Anytime someone has caused major damage with THC in their system, the pot was laced with other drugs, they had taken other drugs, or they were drinking with it. I'd trust a pot head to drive me home before I'd trust a drunk. I'd trust a pot head with an important task, before I would someone taking a prescribed narcotic. Granted, I would not trust a pot head to remember information that could save my life, but if my choices were a drug addict, a boozer, pothead, or a jerk wad sociopath, my choice would be the pot head.
Imagine, a world were people who are angry assholes could get a prescription for some THC, and voila, half the assholes in the country would be less agitated people.
People suffering from debilitating illness's that cause an inability to eat properly, or even to thrive, would have a totally earth grown remedy.
Every drug, every bad habit, every behavior flaw has the potential to cause great harm to society. This one though, I think should be near the bottom of the list. If it were legal, regulated and taxed... I think there'd be a whole new kind of farm country. And a whole lot less Jerk-wads in the world.

On another note, imagine the space freed up in prison's and jails. Imagine the drug related crimes falling, Imagine the tax's that could be collected! I know some people who paid 5$ for one smoke... I doubt they could get that kind of tax on one cigarette, and Granholm seems to think just tobacco users could save Michigan's budget.
If my aunt could legally smoke pot, I doubt she'd be running to the pain clinic for those drugs. Eh, maybe she still would, but maybe if it was legal 20 years ago she wouldn't have destroyed herself so thoroughly. Because at least those narcotics are prescribed to her, at least those drugs are legal, at least she can get those for free... Somehow I think the big money runs our government, and not the people.
At least now I have hope one person in government isn't making decisions based on how much money a lobbyist can fork out.... Next post, How in hell is it legal for senators, any government official to take bribes from lobbyist to make decisions for our country!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment