Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

soul mates

I don't think I have a special someone out there.  I would like to think I am a tolerant person, but I've learned that I don't want to comprimise.  I was married for a year to a man, father of my son, until I realized that my son was more important to me then any man.  I could not be ok with taking care of a man and taking away from my son to do so.  I couldn't let my son be raised by someone who thought violence was fun, and being in prison was a badge of honor.   I've met some fellas along the way, but I always found myself comprimising.  
 "this one has a job, he takes care of himself, so the other stuff is ok."
  "this one is affectionate and cuddly and loves kids... so being a pathological liar can be overlooked."
  "this one ....  ectera... ectera..."

I don't want that.  I want a guy who works, can totally take care of himself, and would be willing to fully contribute to my household, but still let me run my family.    I want a guy who showers me and my son with love, and loves doing it.   I want a guy who tolerates my anti-social behaviors and doesn't force me into social gatherings.  I want a guy who loves sitting and just watching movies quietly, and a guy who is mechanically inclined (yea, dad is right about that one).   

I want someone who will not hate my unique family members, and is good about being nice to them.   I want someone who has as much distaste for gossip as I do.   The rest of stuff, like intelligence and personality I think will fit in with the other stuff and I'm not picky.  

But alas, if he's out there, I'll never meet him.  I don't go out, and if he does hate movie talkers like I do the one thing I do like to go do.... Well we wouldn't be talking at the theatre so.    Oh and drinking.  A few drinks now and again, but I hate hopping bars, even going for that matter, so no partier. 

I don't have many things that would disqualify a guy, or friends for that matter, but I do have three main ones that pretty much remove people from my life.

#1   hurting children.  (I don't care, forgiveness is not mine to give, thier out)
#2  Being abusive.  (emotionally or physically,  I can't change people so until they've changed themselves, get get)
#3  Being hateful or dishonest (prejudice against anyone is still prejudice, being hateful against someone is even more terrible.  I married a pathological liar, and NEVER again.)

I'm sure I have more, but they aren't deal breakers.  

I just don't think long term relationships are meant for me.  I've got my son, I've got my family, and other people come and go. 

Ok, so I don't know what my point is.  I just get sick of the fairy tale movies where everyone is perfect, or one person is so perfect that the other one can be completely messed up and it works out anyways.  It's just not real, those people don't exist, well not that I've met.  And I'm sure as hell going to try and train my son to be one of those galant men from the movies.   Speaking of,  He's stolen my cheat sheet for Sims 2 again.  I need to get him in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment