Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010



This is me and my friend Tamar building a giant canvas. The plan is to paint something for a friend, and the crooked frame was just something I always wanted to do. The wooden construction was done by the guys, then me and Tam did the stretching, gluing, bolting and stapling of the actual frame and canvas. I can't say what I'm painting, but I'd say sacrilegious fits, (the guy I'm painting it for doesn't want to know until he sees it finished).

I had a big ol' paragraph about my beliefs about false idols, but I decided it sounded a little extremist, so instead I only have this to say about 'desecrating' so called 'holy' art: That which is truly holy, can not be made, created, or dirtied by human kind. It can be forgotten, it can be lost, and it can even be found.
Then again, it all depends on what you believe, and I believe that when Michelangelo was painting the Sistine chapel, he had a young lover who's finger was smaller then his.

No comments:

Post a Comment