Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

quantity vs. quality

Ok, so I know the mathematical formula has to be out there somewhere, because I've seen first hand that it has to be provable because it's true....
This is what I need, and anyone that can give it to me will be the greatest ever.  I'd do it myself, but my kid pretty much restricts me from doing anything that takes more then 2 minutes of concentration. 
This is what I need...
Proof that pushing quantity in such masses that the human machine is no longer capable of production, will NOT increase productivity but actually reduce it below it's maximum potential.
Kind of like if you put too much crap on a conveyor belt, at some point the belt will actually be damaged, and may even stop because it is unable to carry the weight....  The maximum potential is not only recked, but production is hindered and at some point stopped.

Seems like this would just be common knowledge...  Humans are like biological machines,  Sure there are those rare exceptions that can meet and exceed maximum potential no matter what, but they don't work with me, so they don't count.  Hell those kind probably only make up 1% of the entire American work force.   As I was saying...  It seems like it would be common knowledge, if you shove a days worth of production into a machine to be processed by the humans in the shop, you will not only damage equipment, but hinder productivity and cease to be a componet which is useful.  But I'm just a stupid girl.   
Ok, write in those formulas!  It's got to be out there, and if it isn't... well damn, prove it and get the nobel prize.     Quantity exceeds the max limit of Capable quota, Production is reduced and becomes lesser.   Not sure how to put that in more mathematical terms... give me time.   If you do it before I do.... But if I get time to do it first...
Not that anyone will listen.  If ten people can produce 100  x items at maximum speed of 30a(speed)*15b(item produced per measurement of speed)     And a(speed) is reduced as b(quanity items to be produced) is increased..... then   ya know...  your max gets lower... Now if we have another factor that says  c(human/machine efficiency)   Is reduced as the quantity or speed exceed the limit... so
x= (30a*15b*c)   where c is 100% at highest maximum potential.   and decreases in proportion to a and b...
But I guess what really has to be proved is the statement that human/machine efficiency is reduced as speed and endurance/ability are exceeded beyond normal working ability....

Bah!  Time to put kid (a) in bed (b)  and get some sleep (c).      a+b=c   yea!  Nigh-night beautiful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment