Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Intentions

So there is this saying, 'The best of intentions can cause the most harm.' I guess it gets hard to determine sometimes when the intentions can cause more harm then good. I still can not hear out of my left ear, and the boss at work kept having to repeat himself to me today. I wonder if I should just tell him my ear infection has rendered one ear useless, but then it just sounds like an excuse.
All well. I have a friend that I believe is having some serious life issues, and I just don't know if the right thing to do is stand by her even if it is disasterous or walk away to protect my family. When does the good of one individual out way the good for another? When it comes to my kid though it is easy. I'm responsible for him, everything about him. Whether it be from a tornado of which I have no control, or the father which refuses to change his life and brags about prison life like a badge of honor.
I could just decide that I can protect my son from things if I am careful enough, but is that a risk a responsible parent would make? Well I guess that is something I need to figure out. It's hard to make choices like this about people you love. Life was definately simpler before the absolute love of my life was born. I'm just rambling and I need to go to sleep. Hopefully I've run enough of the crap out of my head... Oh wait.
So the other night my ear was all plugged and throbbing, my throte hurt, and I couldn't sleep because all I could think about was what if there is a maggot from work that fell in there and is eating it's way out down through my throte!!! Then I had to get that idea completely wiped before I could shut my eyes. Good thing I've learned to tell myself I'm just being crazy and know when to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment