Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My american dream.

I went for a Sunday drive today with my son. It solidified the 'American Dream' that I've wanted for a while now. I want a family, Husband-wife-kids type structure... and I want to live on a farm. I don't know how a farm runs or what it takes, but I know working with my own sweat and blood means more then making a profit. It would mean more to me than being rich or successful. A man to wake up and have coffee with on Sundays, and maybe a kindred spirit who understands me would be awesome. I know that having a real permanent home for my kids is huge. I've had so many homes, and I always wished I could go back to one in particular, but it seems like there's nothing stable... nothing lasting.
Eh, I'm losing track of my point. What good is a house, or a job, or money, if you're constantly in the flux?

Some farm man needs to come sweep me off my feet and roll me in the hay for the rest of my life, or I need to figure out how to do it on my own so that my son can bring all the critters home he wants too, a yard to build a fort in, and a room that's always his when he needs a place to crash. Being broke all the time isn't so bad... but not being able to look around and go "I remember when..." kinda sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment