Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

First do no harm

I walk the boys to school in the morning with my sister's dog.  He's a big fluffy harmless thing.

There's a grandma who walks her grand daughter to school occasionally who is afraid of the big fluffy people lover.  She shuffles her grand daughter way to the side and watches the dog as if he is going to lunge any moment as we pass.

She is usually running late and is coming to the school as I leave. The last couple weeks she has been bringing her grand daughter every day it seems like. I started pulling him way to the side when I seen her coming and holding him still, but I realized that the best thing to do, to make it easier for her, was to cross the road with the over friendly ball of fury after the boys head in for their education.

It costs me nothing in the grand scheme of things.

She probably doesn't realize it.  She probably has no idea.  Does it matter?

The point is:

Leave the world a better place.  Butterfly effect.
If something you do has a negative impact on someone else, why do it?
Can you change it?
Will it cost you something to do it differently?
If it does cost you, is the price so high, that it is not worth paying to make a positive impact? (Because that impact might just be for you or yours in the end)


No comments:

Post a Comment