Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Emotional day

Today was tough.  My kid had to go under anestisia to get his dental work done....Gonna cost me a boatload, but he has 4 shiny metal teeth to chew with, and all his fillings done.  He probably won't remember any of it, so I'm thinking it was harder on me and his grandma.  He whimpered so much trying to wake up, and trust me trying to hold on to a 63lb 4 foot tall , 4 year old while he tries to rip out the I.V. is not easy.   He slept for a good hour too while I tried to hold him on my lap.  
He will be brushing his teeth at least 3 times a day from now on, and I'm going to get his fluoride vitamin drops next week. 
   Anyhoo, then I start watching another stupid love movie and of course I get mad.   All of these romatic movies star a beautiful woman, mostly thin georgeous women.  And even if they try and ugly someone up for a movie, they are still a too flawless to be in the catagory of 'normal'.  
   It's very depressing.  Come on.... beauty is part of nature's little trick to keep genetics strong, and like it or not the human race is still governed by nature.  We may aspire to be less judgemental of looks, and more of character, but it's instinct.   The decent guy, nice and without serious flaws, even with the best of heart, is going to be attracted to the more beautiful girl before the invisible one. 
   So there's the rub.   Besides the fact that most indecent, corrupt guys goes for the invisible girl because she's easier to manipulate and abuse, we get screwed out of the good guys, because they are attracted to the pretty ones.   Now I know that there are confident girls who are (for lack of a better word) ugly or invisible.  But they are rare, and the pretty ones already have a head start because they are treated as pretty from the start. That is how the world works.
  The other option is to be slutty to get a guy, and lets face it.... it works for most guys.  The little brain has more power then the big one for most.   And more then the heart from some I've met. And those are not the kind of guys you want girls.  Not the best kind to spend a life with.  

Short story-Romantic movies only work for the beautiful.    Even beauty and the beast has a pretty female in the lead role.   Doesn't matter how ugly the dude, the girl better be pretty.   And if she ain't pretty they are mighty slim pickings because all the decent men have been snatched up by the beautiful, the slutty, or the prolific confident ones (or for that matter a combination of prolific beauties who don't mind humping a wall to get a man).   


This is why romatic movies are dumb and depressing.   Really?  why not trying to make a romance about a blind man falling in love with the woman who isn't flawless or chocked full of good bits to make up for the bad job the make-up artists do trying to make her ugly.   

Another idea....  Jackie Chan trains me like in Karate Kid, and we fall madly in love and get married.   Eh....Hollywood won't listen to me, but I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment